Magic Company is a show choir program for select high school students. In addition to the opportunity to perform on the professional stage of the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts, Magic Company members work with vocal clinicians and choreographers, and preform solos. Magic Company rehearses on weekends throughout the fall semester from September through January. Participation in Magic Company helps students gain self-esteem,enhance their performance experience and develop lifelong friendships, while pursuing their musical interest. Many credit their leadership in their respective high school music programs to participation in Magic Company. Auditions are held in July each year at the Show Choir Workshop at the Macomb Center.
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.
Sunday, September 8, 5-8pm
Center Campus - L-119
- Prepare one vocal selection: Broadway, pop standard, classical, etc.
- Sheet music or accompaniment CD/track in your key required
- Accompanist and CD/track player provided (no a cappella please)
- A short choreographed routine will be taught in groups
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for dancing
- No sandals, flip flops, etc.
- No appointment needed
Call 586.286.2044 for additional information.