The magic of the Arts can inspire passion, nurture creativity, and encourage cooperation.
Introducing students to the Arts is something we take seriously. Throughout the year, the Macomb Center offers many opportunities for community members to have the experience of a lifetime in our professional performing arts center.
The Macomb Center has built a reputation for excellence by providing the resources to engage, enhance, and extend the creative skills of students in elementary through high school. Thanks to our enriching Summer Workshops, lively show choirs, and the long-standing Macomb Children’s Chorus, we have been the premiere destination in Macomb County for experiencing the Arts for more than 30 years.
Arts in education benefits both students and society, by teaching students these powerful tools:
- Understanding human experiences, both past and present.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Creatively making decisions and solving problems when no prescribed answers exist.
- Adapting to and respecting others' diverse ways of thinking, working an expressing themselves.
- Understanding the influence of the arts and their power to create and reflect cultures.
- Analyzing nonverbal communication and making informed judgments.
- Communicating effectively.
To find out more about these programs and how you can become involved, contact our Education & Outreach Office at 586.226.4759 or email ArtsEducation@macomb.edu.