While you're here...
Terms & Conditions
The Macomb Center continues to engage in conversations with Macomb Community College, Macomb County, the State of Michigan and CDC to ensure that our guidelines comply with all current protocols and best practices in order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience.
When the Macomb Center reopens for events, we are asking all patrons, visitors and guests to abide by the following:
- Masks are required by all patrons, guests (including children), volunteers and staff while in the venue.
- You will be asked to maintain social distances as indicated by signage in the lobby.
- Please follow directional signage for entrances and exits into performance spaces, bathrooms, etc.
- You may only enter or exit the venue through the main entrance.
- Entrance into the seating area is printed on your ticket.
- Please remain in your ticketed seats.
- You may be asked to exit by row.
- Entrances and exits may be timed depending on current protocols in place on performance dates.
- Seating may change throughout the season as venue capacity and social distancing restrictions are adjusted.
- Social distance seats will be clearly marked and are not available for your safety and the safety of others.
Not Feeling Well?
- If you feel unwell, please stay home for the safety of yourself and others.
- Please email the Macomb Center Box Office at least 90-minutes prior to performance time at MacombArts@macomb.edu. You will be contacted the next business day to process an exchange or refund.
- Tickets that have been scanned are not eligible for either refunds or exchanges.
Before You Arrive
- The Macomb Center is moving to Print@Home or digital ticketing in order to reduce touch points at the theatre.
- Always Check Your Tickets Carefully—Whether ordering online, by phone or in person, please check the event, time and date. Call the Box Office at 586.286.2222 as soon as possible if there is a discrepancy.
- Ticket scanners will be placed at entrances for self-scanning of tickets with staff nearby to assist.
- The Box Office will be open at performances to assist with ticket issues or last-minute ticket purchases.
- The Macomb Center is moving to credit card only transactions to reduce touch points at the venue.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitization will occur between events and performances.
- Sanitizing stations will be located throughout the venue.
- All employees, staff and volunteers will wear masks while in the venue; they will also be undergoing screenings prior to coming to the venue.
- Concessions may be limited or not available at events and performances.
- No outside food or drink is allowed.
- Coat racks may be limited or unavailable.
- Intermissions may not occur during performances; please check our website at MacombCenter.com for event details.
- Bathroom capacity will be limited and staff will be posted to assist.
- Patrons may be asked to take their seats early to reduce crowding in the lobby areas.
- Digital show programs are being implemented and will be available online at MacombCenter.com on the event page.
While at the Macomb Center
- Disruptive Persons—Macomb Center reserves the right to remove any patrons who are disruptive, disorderly or fail to follow Covid-19 safety protocols.
- Cameras, Cell Phones, and Recording Devices—While Macomb Center policy does not permit any
recording devices, some artists do. The photo policy for each performance is posted in the lobby. However, flash photography, selfie-sticks and tripods are prohibited at all events for the safety of the performers and for the consideration of other patrons.
- Children—We believe children under the ages of four should be exposed to the arts, but we are sensitive to other patrons’ enjoyment as well. Many of our events are not suitable for younger children. Parents will be asked to remove their child(ren) if they are causing disruptions. Children are encouraged to attend specially designated family performances. Strollers are not allowed in the theater. All children, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Theater Opening—Typically, it is our policy to open the House a half-hour before curtain time. Late rehearsals, sound/light checks or other issues may delay opening. To reduce crowding in the lobby areas, patrons may also be asked to take their seats earlier.
- Late Seating—Patrons arriving late may be asked to wait in the lobby until they can be seated safely and at an appropriate time during the performance. The performance may be viewed on television monitors located on the main floor of the lobby.
- Third Party Ticket Sellers/Brokers—The Macomb Center is the only authorized ticket seller for events at the venue. We do not have agreements with or sanction other outlets to sell or resell tickets. Tickets purchased from other sellers may be at inflated prices, have exorbitant fees and may not be valid. We are not able to guarantee entry with tickets purchased from third parties. Should a concert be cancelled or rescheduled we are unable to notify ticket holders or offer refunds or exchanges through the Macomb Center Box Office. All ticket orders should be made through our official website: MacombCenter.com or through our Box Office at 586.286.2222.
- Donors—Donor benefits include advance ticket purchases, special invitations and ticket exchanges. Call 586.286.2251 to find out more.
- Emergencies—To reach someone at a performance in an emergency, please call the Macomb College Police at 586.286.2123.
- Gift Certificates—Gift Certificates in all amounts are available through the Macomb Center Box Office.
- Groups of 10 or more—may be eligible for a discount; call 586.286.2021 to speak to a group sales coordinator.
- Lost and Found—Lost items will be stored in the Macomb Center Operations Office until the first business day following the event. After that time, items may be retrieved from Macomb College Police. For more information call 586.286.2123.
- Lost Tickets—Call the Box Office at 586.286.2222. Your purchase will be verified and duplicates will be issued.
- Military—Military personnel may be eligible for a discount; please contact the Box Office for more information.
- Performance Content—The Macomb Center prides itself on offering a diverse selection of arts entertainment. Not all productions may appeal to, or be appropriate for, every person or for all ages. Therefore, patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows we offer in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
- Senior Citizens—Senior citizen status is considered to be 60 years of age or older; please contact the Box Office for eligible discounts.
- Special Needs—Macomb Center strives to meet the special needs of patrons, including those in wheelchairs and the visually and hearing impaired. We provide large-print programs, sign language, barrier-free parking and assisted listening devices. For more information about accessibility, contact 586.286.2222 at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Ticket Processing Fees—A handling fee of $4.50 is charged per ticket order—regardless of how the ticket is purchased.
- Tobacco and e-cigarettes—Macomb Community College is a tobacco-free campus. Please reframe from smoking or the use of vaping devices in or near the venue entrances. There are limited designated smoking areas on campus where guests may enjoy a cigarette.
- Artists, programs and pricing are subject to change.
- Virtual Performances—All tickets/access codes are final unless the Macomb Center is unable to stream a performance due to technical difficulties. If we are unable to reschedule the performance, tickets may be exchanged to another performance if possible. Otherwise, tickets will be refunded to the original method of purchase under the purchasers account of record.
- In-Venue or Outdoor Performances/Events—If you feel unwell, please stay home for the safety or yourself and others.
- Please email the Macomb Center Box Office at least 90-minutes prior to performance time at MacombArts@macomb.edu. You will be contacted the next business day to process your exchange or refund.
- Scanned tickets are not eligible for either refunds or exchanges.